IAFF Resiliency Training
The IAFF Resiliency Training is designed for 40 in-person participants (or 25 students in the virtual format). Through a combination of self-assessment, didactic instruction, group discussion and video, participants will gain an essential foundation for personal resiliency on and off the job.
The IAFF Resiliency Training includes two components: pre-course content and classroom content. Pre-course content includes an individual resiliency assessment completed online, followed by a one-hour video series on organizational resiliency. Classroom content will focus on six key concepts to gain resiliency building skills that can be applied both on and off the job.
The IAFF Resiliency Training will teach you to:
- Assess your current level of individual resiliency
- Respond to stress with positive, flexible thinking
- Increase positive social interactions on and off shift
- Experience more positive emotions during your day
- Manage stress through tactical breathing, meditation and mindfulness
- Challenge personal and occupational barriers to good nutrition and exercise
- Build meaning and purpose in your daily life through spirituality