The IAFF Job Center lists openings in fire departments across the United States and Canada, as well as employment opportunities at the IAFF, other labor unions and municipal, state or federal agencies.
If you are an IAFF member and your fire department has an employment opportunity, please send a brief description, application deadline and web link to [email protected]. All job postings that appear on the IAFF website are screened and will appear on the Job Center within 48 hours after submission.
Click here for more information for fire fighters seeking employment.
Poquoson, VA seeks Deputy Fire Chief/Emergency Management Coordinator
The City of Poquoson, VA is accepting applications for deputy fire chief/Emergency Management Coordinator. The position is open until filled. Salary Range: $80,000 – $92,500.
Learn more here.
To apply here.
Date posted: 5/5/23
Menomonee, WI Falls Fire Department Accepting Applications
The Menomonee Falls Fire Department, in Menomonee Falls, WI, is accepting applications for fire fighter/AEMT or fire fighter/paramedic. Application deadline is 5/14/23 at 11:59 p.m.
Prior to start date
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Hold a high school diploma or equivalent
• Hold a valid Wisconsin driver’s license
• Hold State of Wisconsin certification in Fire Fighter II
• Be licensed as a State of Wisconsin AEMT
• Hold State of Wisconsin certification as a Driver/Operator – Pumper
In addition to the requirements listed above, Full-Time fire fighter/EMT must meet the following within 12 months of hiring:
• Hold State of Wisconsin certification as a Driver/Operator – Aerial
If you don’t currently have State of Wisconsin fire certs or EMS license, you must be eligible to apply for reciprocity (details in the job posting).
Annual salary range is $62,395.84 – $87,475.44
Link to posting and application is here.
Date posted: 4/24/23
Bedford, TX Fire Department has Fire Fighter/Paramedic Opening
The Bedford Fire Department, in Bedford, TX, is accepting applications for fire fighter/paramedic. The application deadline is 5/10/2023 11:59PM (CT).
The written test will be at the Bedford Public Library, located at 2424 Forest Ridge Drive at 18:00pm. A 70% score is required on the written test to move forward to the physical agility test.
The physical agility test will be at Tarrant County College NW Campus Fire Training Center. The physical agility will be held 5/17 – 5/19 at 08:00am.
Minimum Job Requirements
• Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP) Firefighter Certificate and Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) Emergency Medical Technician Certification; OR
• Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) Paramedic Certification; OR
• Currently attending Paramedic school with a completion date on or before May 31, 2023.
Schedule and Pay
• Fire Experience Pay Program
• Paramedic Differential: $1,200/year
• Incentive Pay Maximum: $2,400/year
• TMRS Retirement 7:14 Vested in 7 years
• Schedule: Shift schedule 48 hours on-duty / 96 hours duty-off
To apply, go here.
Date posted: 4/19/23
IAFF Job Posting