IAFF-MG 10th District Spring Opener During the Arizona Bike Week Rally
April 5 - April 7
Please plan to knock off some of the winter accumulation of dust from your bike and attend our 10th District Spring Opener in Mesa Arizona – April 5th, 6th and 7th, 2024.
Arizona Bike Week https://azbikeweek.com/ runs from 4/3 to 4/7 and we will be getting together with our IAFF-MG brothers and sisters for a few days of riding and camaraderie with the biggest event being our annual participation in the East Valley Fire Fighters Charity Poker Run on 4/6/24. We’ll push out the poker run registration information as soon as it is available (for info only here’s the link to last years ride info https://firefightercharityride.com/)
- We sourced out the La Quinta hotel at Superstition Springs in Mesa several weeks ago (August) and I hope you booked your rooms then when the rate was $125 because the rates in the entire metro Phoenix area have gone up SIGNIFICANTLY (there’s a good reason to book your hotel early).
- If you don’t already have a hotel reservation there are still rooms available at the higher rate or it may work out better to get a few folks together to book an AirBnB in the East Mesa/Apache Junction area.
- We are planning to meet up on 4/5 at Buddy Stubbs HD at 1100 and then ride out to Cave Creek (Hideaway/Roadhouse) for lunch.
- We can then make the ride out to Tortilla Flat because why wouldn’t we?
- Dinner and social at B.J’s Brewhouse (next door to the La Quinta) at 1800.
- 0815 KSU at La Quinta (be fueled and ready for the day ride)
- We will meet up at 0830 for the East Valley Fire Fighters Charity Poker Run at Superstition Harley Davidson for registration and breakfast.
- KSU at 0930 for the poker run.
- 1700 – Meet up for dinner and social beverages at Macayo’s Mexican Restaurant at Superstition Springs (next door to La Quinta)
- Meet up for breakfast/brunch (time and location TBD)