1) Bragging Rights. Everyone loves a winner. Submit your best work in communicating with your members, elected leaders and the public – you could win an IAFF Media Award and be recognized among the best in the IAFF.
2) Tell Your Story. The Media Awards contest is a great way to share your story about the work IAFF members do in your community – on and off the job.
3) Be Recognized. Contest winners are recognized on the IAFF website, via social media and in Fire Fighter Quarterly magazine.
4) Cool Swag. Winners receive cash prizes and awards! First Place prize is $500, plus an “I won an IAFF Media Awards T-shirt and plaque.
5) Build Relationships. The Media Awards contest is a great opportunity to develop relationships with reporters and build a positive public image.
6) Unlimited Opportunities. Your winning entry can help build your brand, create, increase membership morale, inspire other locals and create a greater awareness of the important work that professional fire fighters and paramedics in the United States and Canada do to keep the public safe.
The deadline for entries is June 1, 2017. Read the contest rules and enter online. Be sure to submit entries using the appropriate form – IAFF Affiliate or Media/Journalist.
Entries must have been produced, published or broadcast between January 1 and December 31, 2016. All submissions must be approved by the president of the local or state/provincial affiliate to be considered for the contest.