Here are two recipes selected from the Firehouse Chef web site and the IAFF Menu Planner that will make you say ‘mmmm good.’
Recipes from the IAFF Menu Planner
CHICKEN W/ RED PEPPERS, MUSHROOMS, FETA
4 (6 ounce) boneless breast of chicken, skin removed
1 (8 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained, chopped
1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, chopped
4 large garlic cloves
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. crushed rosemary leaves
1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
2 oz. low fat crumbled feta cheese
1/2 c. plain dried breadcrumbs
nonfat cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400º F and spray 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Wipe off mushrooms and trim stems. Place in food processor.
- Add drained red peppers and garlic to food processor with mushrooms.
- Place in food processor and chop lightly.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan over moderate heat.
- Add mushroom mixture and cook until all liquid evaporates.
- When finished, remove from heat and stir in feta, pepper, and rosemary leaves.
- Using a knife, slice a pocket in the thickest part of the chicken breasts.
- Divide mixture evenly among the chicken breasts and stuff chicken.
- Gently roll chicken in bread crumbs and place seam side down in baking dish. Spray with additional cooking spray to coat bread crumbs lightly.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until chicken has an internal temperature of 165º F.
From the Firehouse Chef
MILTON’S POTATO SALAD
- 5 lbs. Cooked Potatoes
- 1 Cup chopped Onions
- 1 1/2 Cups Celery. (Chopped Fine)
- 2 Small Pickles (Chopped Fine)
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 Pint Mayonnaise (more or less)
- 1 Pinch of Garlic Salt
- Mix well.
- Add 3 Hard-boiled sliced eggs to top.
- Sprinkle with Paprika
Recipe by Firefighter: Milton Rheinlander Station #19 Ft. Worth Fire Dept.