Loans - Information for Students
- U.S. News and World Reports offers Paying for College: For Students, a site that contains articles, glossaries, tips and more information geared toward students.
- GovLoans.gov offers a comprehensive listing of federal education loans offered by the U.S. Department of Education.
- The U.S. Department of Education offers a brochure, Federal Aid First, to explain the differences, advantages, and disadvantages between Federal and private education loans.
- The U.S. Department of Education also offers a Financial Aid Wizard to help find and calculate financial aid packages based on specific schools.
- Students.gov is an interagency cooperative effort that provides students and their families with a gateway to Federal government information and services.
- The Federal Student Aid website offers information to students about loans parents can take on their behalf.
- CanLearn provides contact information for provincial and territorial student assistance programs. Canadian students can apply for student loans and grants through the Canada Student Loan Program and through student loan programs administered through their respective provincial governments. The site provides information about the Canada Student Loan Program, individual provincial and territorial loan programs and other aspects of student financing in Canada.