Loans - Information for Parents
- U.S. News and World Reports offers Paying for College: For Parents, a site that contains articles, glossaries, tips and more information geared toward parents.
- GovLoans.gov offers a comprehensive listing of federal education loans offered by the U.S. Department of Education.
- The U.S. Department of Education offers a brochure, Federal Aid First, to explain the differences, advantages, and disadvantages between Federal and private education loans.
- The U.S. Department of Education also offers a section on Financial Preparation to prepare parents for higher education costs. Resources include information on saving, tax benefits and prepaid tuition plans, and borrowing. It also offers comparisons between the federal PLUS loan and home equity loans, cashing investments, and using retirement funds.
- CanLearn offers information about education financing for Canadian parents.